The Village of Pictus Charter and Code of Conduct.
Greetin's and welcome tae the Village of Pictus! I'm the Mayor of the village & we want to personally welcome you to a place that we hope becomes the new place to hang out with, chat and meet other Pictus fans from all across the world!
From here oot, it's all up to you...the Pictus Tribe, to make this community what it is.
We want this place tae be a place away from the trappings of major social media. Here, there is nae politics, nae evil trolls, nae judgement and nae advertisements. It's a 100% pure community of folks who love Pictus and everything that comes with it! EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE!
The biggest "rule" is tae have fun and ENGAGE: Comment, post, like, share, visit all the communities! The Village of Pictus is ONLY what you make it!
~ The Mayor ~
HOW THE VILLAGE OF PICTUS WORKS
The Village is broken down into "Communities," & each community has it's own specific theme. For example, "Bard's Grove" will contain topics on music, poetry, storytelling, art, and all things pertaining to the art of being a creative, or a "Bard." "Dancing Dougal's Pub" is a place for all off topic conversations not covered in the other areas of the Village.
"Ambassadors" are simply another word for the "Moderator" in a forum. Ambassadors make sure everyone is following the Code of Conduct and also to help villagers navigate the communities. Ambassadors also have the ability to bestow badges on villagers for exceptional contributions to the community. These are bestowed at the Ambassador's discretion.
Your Community Ambassador acts in the exact same way as a moderator on any other forum. They have been chosen by the Mayor to oversee the daily posts in the community and they have the authority to discipline, suspend, temporarily or permanently ban and villager at their discretion. All ambassador discipline is subject to an appeal by The Mayor, who has final say.
Community Ambassadors will have this badge by their name:
Once a villager begins posting in certain communities, that community's Ambassador (Moderator) may wish to bestow a badge to be displayed on a villager's profile. This badge shows other villagers where their neighbor's are most active, hopefully encouraging them to explore the Village communities and engage with more people! These are bestowed at the Ambassador's discretion.
Anyone with a "Village Official" badge is a member of Pictus, Pictus LLC, crew, or directly affiliated with the band.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Just like Brocknar, Pictus is all about spreading joy. That said, let's talk about some basic guidelines of our village, aye?
BY CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS WITHIN.
1. WE ARE TRIBE. Personal attacks, racism/sexism, misogyny, white supremacy/nazi/hate speech, homophobia, politics, xenophobia...you get the idea. Be a good person. Do the most good. Do the least harm.
2. Please don't post personal details by persons other than the person itself or without prior and explicit permission. Respect other's privacy.
3. Please don't make public confidential conversations. That's just, not cool.
4. Obscene, lewd or purposefully insightful speech, pics, memes, etc. will be removed. We have people of ALL ages on here, so use some common sense please.
5. Please don't completely derail threads. This is annoying. If you can't stay on topic, or have something to add to it, find a topic that's relative or better yet...start one of your own!
6. Please keep your images a respectful size. HUGE pictures that stretch the forums are a real bummer and will be removed.
7. Threats or intimidation will result in an immediate permaban.
8. ENGAGE! Make comments, create posts, share photos and memories, meet new people and most of all HAVE FUN!
9. Your Community Ambassador acts in the exact same way as a moderator on any other forum. They have been chosen by the Mayor to oversee the daily posts in the community and they have the authority to discipline, suspend, temporarily or permanently ban villagers.
10. Remember; this forum is here for Pictus fans and/or anyone who wants to engage in topics relating to Pictus, Ren faires, etc. As a private business and entity, we reserve the right to suspend, temporarily ban or permanently ban ANYONE at our discretion. Be nice.
Welcome to the village! FILL THE HORN! LIGHT THE FIRE!